Release Update - March 23rd, 2017
Direct distribution is now available in Mimeo Digital! Great, but what does that mean?
This means that you can place content right into a user account without them having a redeem a key. But don't worry, Mimeo's classic distribution options aren't going away. This is an addition to the existing distribution features you are used to.
Check out our brief step-by-step guide below:
1) You will notice that the keys management tool has been taken out of "Settings" & given its own step called "Keys"
2) You now have a choice of creating assigned keys, unassigned keys, or both. Unassigned keys are created in the same way that you are used to - by selecting either "Unique Key" or "Shared Key" setting and entering the quantity.
3) To create assigned keys (that are tied to a specific audience member), enter the email address(es) and click the plus button.
- If the user already has an account, it will add their email and name to the list below
- If the user does not have an account, you will be prompted to enter their name in the text box below "Name"
4) Double check the "total" at the bottom of your distribution window. Be sure it matches up with your intended distribution count. Once "generate keys" is clicked, you will receive a report that provides links to both the assigned and unassigned keys.
- The link you provide to new assigned users (those without an existing account) will simply prompt them to create a password for their library
- Users with existing accounts will simply see the new content has been added upon their next log in
5) Did you create unassigned keys that you now need to "assign"? No problem!
- Go to your "keys" report which can be found in the left-hand navigation bar
- Locate the unassigned key that you want to assign
- Go to the "audience member" column and click the "assign user" button
- You will be prompted to enter the email address of that user. Enter it and then click "ok"
Quick recap on the main changes:
- There are now 3 steps in the distribution window
- Under the keys section, you can create both assigned and unassigned keys
What is coming as part of the next phases of release?
- A face lift for the distribution window (aka new sleek design)
- Email users directly from the platform with the link for their new account
- Notification system for end users to let them know new content is in their account